Black Forest Coffee Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips for garnish
- Cake: Beat eggs; add sugar, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add flour and baking powder. When well mixed, add chocolate chips.
- Pour into a large greased baking pan.
- Drop cherry pie filling by the teaspoon in even rows into the batter.
- Topping: Blend with a pastry blender to form loose crumbs. Sprinkle over top
of cake and garnish with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until golden brown.