Blueberry Buckle Coffeecake
One of my favorites and was given to me by a friend.
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 9-inch round pan or 9-inch square pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, shortening, milk, baking powder, salt and egg in large bowl. Beat for 30 seconds with spoon.
- Carefully stir in blueberries.
- Spread batter in pan. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Drizzle with Glaze and serve warm.
- Mix all ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake.
* Frozen/thawed blueberries can be used if you don't have fresh.
The recipe calls for a 9-inch cake pan, but I prefer to use a 9-inch springform pan.
Posted by Becky/Colo at Recipe Goldmine 7/27/2001 9:56 am.