Blueberry Buckle Coffeecake 2
This recipe has been a classic for years: moist, easy to make, and liberally
studded with juicy berries. It's the perfect way to make use of your berry-picking
bounty, but it can be made at any time of year with frozen berries if you just can't
wait for a forkful of summer.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square, 9-inch
square, or 9-inch round cake pan. If you use an 8-inch square pan or round pan,
make sure it's at least 2 inches deep.
- To make the topping: Mix the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in a small
- Cut or rub in the butter with the side of a fork, two knives or your finger
tips until it reaches a crumbly state. Set aside.
- Blend the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium-size mixing
- In a separate bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, egg and vanilla extract.
- Alternately add the milk and the flour mixture to the sugar/butter mixture,
ending with flour.
- Add blueberries. Stir only enough to blend.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the topping over the batter.
- Bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a wooden pick or knife inserted
into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and set it on a rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve right from the pan. Or, to transfer to a serving plate, Loosen the
sides with a knife or spatula. Holding the pan in your left hand, gently tip
the cake out onto your right hand, remove the pan, and gently right the cake
onto a serving dish.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings | Prep 20 to 30 min
Bake 40 to 50 min | Total 60 min to 1 hr 20 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.