Blueberry 'n' Cheese Coffee Cake
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups fresh blueberries*
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated, divided
- Cream together 1 1/4 cups sugar and 1/2 cup butter until light and fluffy; add
eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately
with milk and water.
- Toss blueberries in 1/4 cup flour; fold into batter with cream cheese and 1 teaspoon
lemon rind. Pour into greased and floured 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine remaining sugar, flour and rind; cut in remaining butter until mixture
resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven for 1 hour.
* Two cups frozen, thawed, drained blueberries can be substituted for fresh
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.