- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Blueberries: In a saucepan, mix together all ingredients for blueberries. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Cake: Cream butter or margarine with sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, creaming well.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour.
- Add extract. Mix well.
- Put 1/2 of mixture in greased Bundt pan.
- Add 1/2 of blueberry mixture. Swirl through batter.
- Add remaining batter, then remaining blueberries. Swirl again.
- Top with 1/2 cup nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes.
- Let set for 5 minutes.
- Remove to plate top side up. Add glaze.
- Glaze: Mix glaze ingredients together. Drizzle on top of cake.