Blueberry Ricotta Coffee Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar,
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Wisconsin Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup thick blueberry yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together all dry ingredients, except 2 tablespoons brown sugar; set
- Mix Ricotta, yogurt, eggs, melted butter, vanilla, and blueberries. Stir
into dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Pour into buttered 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- Bake until just firm to the touch, about 40 minutes.
- When cool, mix whipped cream and blueberry yogurt. Spoon over individual
servings of coffee cake.
Reprinted with permission from
the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.