Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 1 (10-inch) Bundt pan
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened (plus 2 tablespoons for buttering the pan)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups or 12 ounces fresh (if possible, or frozen) blueberries (3/4 cup for each layer)
- 3 cups unbleached white flour (plus 1 tablespoon to toss with fresh blueberries)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Set oven rack 1 third up from the bottom of the oven.
Butter and flour Bundt pan.
- In a small bowl combine quarter cup sugar, light brown sugar and cinnamon.
- In a separate medium bowl toss fresh blueberries in a tablespoon of flour.
- In a large bowl sift all remaining dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter
and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract. Then add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Scrape
- Add flour mixture, alternating with sour cream, mixing until just incorporated.
Scrape down sides in between additions.
- Spread one third of the batter carefully on bottom of Bundt pan, then add 1 third
of the blueberries and sprinkle with 1 third of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Repeat 2 times, finishing with the blueberries and the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour until cake is golden brown and set, and sides begin to pull away
from the pan. Let cool completely and then unmold and turn right side up.
Serves 10 to 12.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 30, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.