Bread Pudding Coffeecake
- 18 sweet dinner rolls
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups half-and-half or milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (15.2 ounce) package cinnamon streusel muffin mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup raisins, cooked in small amount of water until doubled in size
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Confectioners' sugar glaze, optional
- Slice the rolls in half and set tops aside. Tear bottoms into small chunks and
scatter over bottom of buttered, foil-lined 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together 2 of the eggs, 1 cup of half-and-half or milk, sour
cream, sugar and vanilla extract until well-mixed.
- Tear the tops of the rolls into bite-size pieces and fold into egg mixture. Set
aside to let tops soak up the liquid.
- Combine the muffin mix (set aside streusel packet) with remaining 3/4 cup half-and-half,
oil and remaining 2 eggs; beat until well-mixed. Spoon half of batter over rolls
- Drain raisins and scatter over batter.
- Sprinkle streusel packet over raisins.
- Spoon remaining batter over streusel, spreading carefully to cover.
- Spoon milk and roll tops mixture over batter.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
in center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and drizzle thin confectioners' sugar glaze over top.
- Serve warm or cold.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.