Brown Sugar Coffeecake
- 2 3/4 cups sifted flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soft together flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add oil; stir with fork until blended. Remove 1 cup of mixture and stir in pecans;
- Dissolve baking powder and baking soda in buttermilk. Add this and egg to brown
sugar mixture. Beat with electric mixer for 3 minutes at medium speed; blend in
- Pour into greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with pecan mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.