As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 10 ounces milk chocolate
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C). Grease an 8-inch square cake pan and
line with parchment paper; set aside.
- Melt chocolate and coffee in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Add chocolate mixture, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Add flour and beat until smooth and thick.
- Pour batter into pan and bake
for 30 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together sugar and coffee liqueur until smooth. Spread over cake.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Makes 9 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Coffee Cake Recipes