Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Cheddar Apple Coffee Cake with Maple Drizzle
- 3 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9-inch square, nonstick baking dish, evenly spread half of the apples and half of the Cheddar cheese over the bottom of the pan.
- Separate biscuit dough into individual biscuits and cut each biscuit into fourths. Arrange biscuit pieces, pointed ends up, over the apple and cheese mixture.
- Top evenly with remaining apples and cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, apple pie spice, maple syrup and lightly beaten egg, mixing well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spoon mixture evenly over biscuit pieces and apple mixture in pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and maple syrup to create a consistency that allows easy drizzling. Additional maple syrup may be added if needed. Drizzle over warm coffee cake.