Cherry Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten with milk to equal 1 cup
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- Cream the 1/2 cup butter and the 1 cup sugar.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with egg
and milk mixture to creamed ingredients.
- Spread batter in greased and floured 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Spread pie filling on batter.
- Mix the 1/2 cup sugar and the 1/2 cup flour. Cut in butter until mixture is
size of small peas.
- Spread over pie filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes or until cake tests done.