Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (19 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Combine milk and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Combine flour and sugar in food processor bowl.
- Add butter and cut in until mixture is crumbly. Remove 1/2 cup of this mixture and set it aside to use for topping.
- To the remaining flour mixture add baking powder and baking soda.
- In a small bowl beat the egg.
- Add the milk mixture and almond extract. Add to the dry ingredients and whirl briefly to combine.
- Spread 2/3 of the batter over the bottom and about 1 inch up the side of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Spread the pie filling into this shell.
- Drop spoonsful of the remaining batter over top of the pie filling.
- Combine the reserved crumb mixture and sliced almonds. Sprinkle over top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes.
Posted by wizard4 at Recipe Goldmine June 4, 2001.