Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Cherry Swirl Coffee Cake
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- Cream sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Pour 2/3 batter onto a greased 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Spread on cherry filling.
- Drop the remaining 1/3 batter by teaspoon over cherry filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Mix confectioners' sugar and melted butter. Dribble frosting over cherry coffee cake while it is warm.