Chocolate Nut Sour Cream Coffeecake
- 2/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Grated peel of 1 orange
- 3 eggs
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- About 3 hours before serving or early in day: in small bowl, mix walnuts, cocoa,
cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar; set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 10-inch Bundt pan.
- In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat butter or margarine with 1 1/2 cups
sugar until blended. Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour
and remaining ingredients except confectioners' sugar; beat at low speed until
mixed, constantly scraping bowl with rubber spatula. At medium speed, beat for 3 minutes,
occasionally scraping bowl.
- Spread half of batter in pan; sprinkle with nut mixture;
top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in
center comes out clean.
- Cool coffeecake in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove coffeecake from pan; cool slightly.
- Serve warm. Or, cool coffeecake on wire rack to serve later.
- Sprinkle coffeecake with confectioners' sugar to serve,
Makes 16 servings.
About 340 calories per serving.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Coffee Cake Recipes