Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Chocolate Nut Sour Cream Coffeecake
Yield: 16 servings
- 2/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Grated peel of 1 orange
- 3 eggs
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- About 3 hours before serving or early in day: in small bowl, mix walnuts, cocoa, cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar; set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 10-inch Bundt pan.
- In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat butter with 1 1/2 cups sugar until blended. Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and remaining ingredients except confectioners' sugar; beat at low speed until mixed, constantly scraping bowl with rubber spatula. At medium speed, beat for 3 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl.
- Spread half of batter in pan; sprinkle with nut mixture; top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool coffeecake in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove coffeecake from pan; cool slightly.
- Serve warm or cool coffeecake on wire rack to serve later.
- Sprinkle coffeecake with confectioners' sugar to serve, if desired.
Per serving: 340 calories