Cinna-full Coffee Cake Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces, softened and divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, dark brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl.
- Cut in 4 tablespoons butter with pastry blender until streusel is crumbly, then
- Sift together remaining 2 cups flour, remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon, baking powder
and salt in medium bowl.
- Mix sugar and remaining 10 tablespoons butter in separate
bowl at medium speed with electric mixer until well combined.
- Beat eggs, 1 at a time, into butter mixture until blended.
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, mixing until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Divide batter evenly among baking cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Sprinkle
evenly with reserved streusel topping.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until springy and wooden pick inserted comes out
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.