This has tons of cinnamon for all you cinnamon lovers out there.
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray and 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, cream margarine and sugar; beat in egg.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Add to creamed
mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in vanilla extract. Pour blended mixture into prepared pan.
- To make topping: In a small bowl, mix together sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork. Spoon half over batter and swirl.
- Spoon remaining topping over batter and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 5, 2001.
Source: Castle in the Country Bed & Breakfast, Allegan, Michigan