- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Topping: Work brown sugar and butter together with your fingertips until well
mixed. Then work in cinnamon. Set aside.
- Dough: Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- Mix sugar and butter with your fingertips until butter is well dispersed.
- Stir in beaten egg thoroughly, then add flour and milk alternately, beginning and ending
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Sprinkle Topping over the surface.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
Served warm, this makes a delicious breakfast bread.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Coffee Cake Recipes