Cocoa Ripple Coffee Cake
Serve this cake for morning coffee with a special beverage: Stir 1 tablespoon
chocolate-flavor syrup into each cup of coffee. Top with whipped cream and a dash
of ground cardamom or nutmeg.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Beat butter or margarine in a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium
to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt; beat till combined.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add flour and milk alternately to sugar mixture, beating
until smooth after each addition.
- Spoon one-third of batter into a greased and floured 6-cup fluted tube pan or
- Combine brown sugar, walnuts, and cocoa powder. Sprinkle half of cocoa mixture
- Repeat adding layers to pan, ending with batter.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till top springs back when
- Cool coffee cake in pan for 5 minutes.
- Turn out onto serving plate.
- Serve warm.
Makes 12 servings
Posted by Cookin'Mom at recipegoldmine.com.