Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus more for pan
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting pan
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup light-brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Place rack in center of oven, and heat to 325 degrees F. Lightly brush a 9 x 12 1/2 inch baking pan with canola oil, dust with flour, and tap to remove excess. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together 1 1/2 cups flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk together egg, milk, canola oil and vanilla extract.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into egg.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 2 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Pour melted butter over flour mixture, and toss with a rubber spatula until large crumbs form.
- Sprinkle crumbs over batter, and bake, rotating pan after 10 minutes. Continue baking until a cake tester comes out clean, about 10 minutes more.
- Transfer baking pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Using a serrated knife or bench scraper, cut into 3-inch squares.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Posted by Chefbuzzbuzz at Recipe Goldmine 8/8/2001 3:51 am.