Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Cornbread Muffin Coffee Cake
Yield: 10 servings
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box cornbread mix
- 1 (7 ounce) box blueberry muffin mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 pint blackberries, blueberries or raspberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease or spray a 10-inch deep-dish pie pan or 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cornbread mix, blueberry muffin mix and the pudding mix.
- Add eggs and buttermilk and stir until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Spread berries on top of batter.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and dot with the butter.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Let cool.
Per serving: 262 calories, 9 g fat, 41 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein, 50 mg cholesterol, 439 mg sodium