Cranberry Coffee Cake
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Cream butter. Gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of electric
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add flour alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour.
- Stir in almond extract.
- Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Spread cranberry sauce evenly over batter, and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or
until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Drizzle coffee cake with Glaze.
- Glaze: Combine all ingredients, stirring until smooth.