Cranberry White Chocolate Coffee Cake
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- If using frozen cranberries, thaw and drain berries.
- In large bowl, beat butter with 1 cup of the brown sugar until light.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, making 3 additions of flour mixture
and 2 of buttermilk.
- Gently stir in cranberries and 3/4 cup of the white chocolate chips. Spoon into
greased 9-inch springform pan, smoothing top.
- Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar and chocolate chips.
- Bake coffee cake in center of 350 degree F oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes
or until firm when gently pressed in center.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve warm or cool. (Coffee cake can be wrapped in plastic wrap, then foil and
frozen in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)
Makes 12 servings.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 1/20/2002 8:57 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Coffee Cake Recipes