Crumb-Topped Blueberry Coffee Cake
An old-fashioned crumb topping sits atop a tender cake made with cream cheese and blueberries.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries*
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
* If using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Cake: In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg.
- Combine 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with
- Toss blueberries with remaining flour.
- Stir blueberries and cream cheese into creamed mixture (batter will be thick). Transfer to
prepared baking dish.
- Topping: In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 45 min
Total time: 55 min | Yield: 9 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Coffee Cake Recipes