Date Coffee Cake
- 1/3 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Cake: Beat together mashed banana and cutter until creamy.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract and water; beat.
- Measure in flour, baking soda and baking powder, and beat
- Stir in chopped dates.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch
baking pan. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Combine Topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for
20 to 25 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.