Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Deep Dish Cheesecake Coffee Cake
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 cups biscuit mix
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- Combine biscuit mix, the 1/4 cup sugar, milk and butter; stir vigorously 30 seconds.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 4 or 5 times. Pat evenly in the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch round cake pan; set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, eggs, the 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla extract. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until smooth. Pour over dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Spread preserves over top.
- Serve warm.