Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
French Toast Bundt Pan Breakfast
This is a cross between coffee cake and cinnamon rolls!
- 12 (very cold) unbaked dinner rolls*
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup liquid hazelnut coffee creamer
- 1/4 cup pancake syrup or honey
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cut rolls into fourths.
- Combine the other ingredients in a bowl.
- Dip rolls into mixture and place in Bundt pan which has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Pour remaining mixture over rolls.
- For make-ahead, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at this time.
- When ready to prepare, loosen cover and let rise at room temperature until rolls rise to the top of the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.
- Invert onto a serving platter. Drizzle with syrup and confectioners' sugar.
- Slice and serve with additional syrup.
* Buy frozen rolls or make the rolls yourself, but this works best if the dough is still very chilled from the freezer/refrigerator before the dough starts rising.
Posted by Pat's Cookin at Recipe Goldmine 12/4/2001 4:53 pm.