Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Honey Bun Coffee Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and sour cream. Stir by hand until large lumps are gone. There will still be some lumps but that’s okay.
- Pour half the batter into the pan.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl, mixing together well.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over the batter in the pan, making sure that the mixture is sprinkled to the edges of the pan.
- Carefully spread the remaining batter on top.
- Use a butter knife and swirl it all through the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean. Meanwhile, make the Topping.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and milk, using a whisk to make sure that it is very smooth.
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, pour the Topping over the hot cake.
- Wait for 15 minutes before cutting the cake.