Lemon Sour Cream Coffeecake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box instant lemon pudding
- 1 (4 ounce) package poppy seed
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- Prepare packaged cake mix with directions listed, adding lemon pudding mix, poppy
seed, eggs, oil and sour cream.
- In separate bowl combine sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and chopped walnuts.
- In another small bowl combine confectioners' sugar and lemon rind.
- Grease a tube pan. Pour in 1/3 batter, then 1/3 sugar, spices and nuts mixture. Alternate
layers 3 times.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool; remove from pan
and place on serving platter; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and lemon rind