Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Mud Pie Coffee Cake
Yield: 9 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- Cream butter and sugars in mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Reserve 1 cup of mixture for topping.
- Combine sour cream, eggs and baking soda in a small bowl. Add to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Sprinkle pecans into prepared pan.
- Spoon batter over top.
- Sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake for 35 minutes.