Muffin Glory Cake
Mmm! Warm coffee cake is complimented with a sweet drizzled glaze. Apples, carrots
and pineapple make glorious additions to an easy muffin mix recipe.
- 1 box Betty Crocker cinnamon streusel muffin mix
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons water
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease bottom only of 8-inch square pan with
shortening or cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir together Muffin Mix, apple, carrot, walnuts and coconut.
- In small bowl, stir together oil, eggs and pineapple; stir into muffin mixture.
Spread in pan.
- Sprinkle with Streusel (from Muffin Mix).
- Bake 38 to 42 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and enough of the 1 to 2 teaspoons water
until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over warm cake.
Makes: 9 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Add 2 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour
to dry muffin mix. Bake 42 to 46 minutes.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 160); Total
Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 320mg;
Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 34g); Protein 5g Percent Daily
Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate
Choices: 3 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills