Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake
- 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) can peach slices in light syrup, well-drained
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together all filling ingredients in medium bowl; set aside.
- Stir together all topping ingredients in medium bowl until mixture resembles
coarse crumbs; set aside.
- Combine sugar and 1 cup butter in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping
bowl often, until creamy (2 to 3 minutes).
- Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract.
Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- Add all remaining coffee cake ingredients. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until
smooth (1 to 2 minutes).
- Spread half of batter into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Spread peach filling over batter.
- Drop spoonsful of remaining batter over filling (do not spread).
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together confectioners' sugar and enough milk in small bowl
for desired glazing consistency. Drizzle over cooled coffee cake.
Yield: 15 servings