Pecan Upside-Down Coffee Cake
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup Karo light or dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix pecans, corn syrup and margarine in ungreased 9-inch round cake pan. Spread
to cover bottom of pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Beat for 30 seconds. Spread over pecan mixture.
- Bake until golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about
- Run knife around edge of pan to loosen; immediately invert on heatproof
High altitude directions (over 3500 feet): Not recommended.