Pie Filling Coffee Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 can pie filling, any flavor
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add eggs one at a time. Mix well.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Add flour and baking powder and beat in by hand.
- Spread 2/3 of batter into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Spread pie filling over batter.
- Drop remaining batter by spoonful on filling. Spread carefully over filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Frost while still warm.
- Frosting: Drizzle over warm cake.