Pineapple Coffee Cake
- 1 cup corn oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Filling: Combine ingredients, heating until bubbly. Set aside.
- Cake: Beat together oil and sugar.
- Add eggs, then vanilla extract.
- Sift dry ingredients twice.
- Add a little at a time to the egg mixture.
- Put 3/4 of dough into a 9 x 13-inch pan, then the pineapple mixture, then place
remaining dough on top.
- Bake at 325 to 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.