Rhubarb Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, frozen or fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, then dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk.
- Fold in rhubarb.
- Pour into 9 x 13-inch greased pan.
- Mix sugar, nuts and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 6/25/01 1:27:46 pm.
Source: Recipe by Mrs. Vernon Flegler, Russell, Kansas
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Coffee Cake Recipes