Rhubarb Coffee Cake
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening or margarine
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, finely diced
- Cream sugar and shortening; add in buttermilk, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix
- Add combined dry ingredients; beat all slowly and fold in rhubarb.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle on a mixture of 1/4 cup granulated
sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until done.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Coffee Cake Recipes