- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold butter, cut up
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- Topping: Combine the sugar, flour, nutmeg and salt in a bowl.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, then work in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Set
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch tube pan.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in a bowl;
- Beat together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat
in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Beat in half the flour mixture until creamy, then beat in the sour cream until
- Beat in the remaining flour mixture until combined. Stir in the rhubarb.
- Spoon the batter into the tube pan. Top with the crumb topping mixture.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cool the cake in the pan slightly, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per serving: 326 calories; 453 mg. sodium; 75 mg. cholesterol; 17 grams fat;
10 grams saturated fat; 40 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams protein; 1 gram fiber