Sour Cream Jam Coffeecake
- 3/4 cup Crystal Farms butter
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dairy sour cream
- 2/3 cup Crystal Farms Summers Best Jam
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon Crystal Farms melted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Crystal Farms Summer's Best Jam
- 2 tablespoons Crystal Farms butter, softened
- 2 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Coffee Cake: In a large electric mixer bowl, beat butter and sugar together
until well mixed.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add alternately with the sour cream, starting
and ending with flour mixture.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch cake rounds, or two 9-inch square baking pans. Pour
1/4th of the batter into each pan.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of the jam by teaspoons over each coffee cake.
- Cover the jam with 1/2 of the remaining batter.
- Streusel: Mix streusel ingredients together and sprinkle evenly over the top of each of
the coffee cakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let
stand for 10 minutes, then remove from pan to a wire rack and let cool while you make
- Frosting: Combine all ingredients and stir till smooth, adding enough milk
to get the right consistency. Drizzle over tops of the coffee cakes.
Yield: Two 9-inch round or square coffee cakes.
Posted by orisleuth at Recipe Goldmine 5/1/02 9:14:18 am.
Source: Marjorie Johnson 4/26/2002 KARE11.com