Sour Cream Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cup (16 ounce can) solid pack pumpkin
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Cake: Cream butter, 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla extract in mixing bowl.
- Add 3 eggs, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture
alternately with sour cream.
- Combine pumpkin, beaten egg, 1/3 cup sugar and pie spice.
- Spoon half of batter into 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, spread to corners.
- Sprinkle half of the Streusel over batter.
- Spread pumpkin mixture over Streusel.
- Carefully spread remaining batter over pumpkin mixture.
- Spread remaining Streusel over top.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Streusel: Combine brown sugar, butter and cinnamon until blended. Stir in chopped
Makes 12 servings.