St. Timothy's Coffee Cake
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add
the 2 cups sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with
sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix just until blended after
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Combine the 1 tablespoon sugar and the 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon; sprinkle
half of mixture on top of cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 minutes or until a
wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove
from pan, and sprinkle top with remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.