Strawberry Coffeecake 2
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) jar strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped hazel nuts
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and sugar until fluffy. Add
eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to cheese mixture.
Beat until smooth (batter will be stiff).
- Spread half the batter into well greased and floured 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Stir together jam and lemon juice. Spread over batter.
- Spoon remaining batter in small amounts over jam.
- Combine nuts, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Sprinkle evenly over the top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm.
Serves: 12 to 15
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/6/01 9:04:59 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Coffee Cake Recipes