Strawberry Crunch Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup nuts, chopped
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups strawberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine strawberries, sugar, cornstarch and water. Cook
over medium heat until thickened. Set aside and let cool.
- While the Strawberry Filling is cooling, mix brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour,
2 tablespoons butter and nuts together for the topping. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Beat eggs until very light and thick.
- Gradually add granulated sugar; beat well after each addition.
- Stir in melted, but not hot butter.
- Add mixture of flour, baking powder and salt alternately with milk. Beat
- Spread half this batter in a greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Spoon the Strawberry Filling over batter.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool in pan.
- Turn cake out onto a plate, then turn back on another plate so that the topping
side is up.