Toffee Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 (1.4 ounce) chocolate English toffee candy bars (such as Heath bars), chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, blend butter, sugars and flour; set aside 1/2 cup.
- To the remaining butter mixture, add buttermilk, egg, baking soda and vanilla
extract; mix well. Pour into a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine chopped candy and pecan with the reserved butter mixture; sprinkle over
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.