Tons of Lemon Coffee Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) salted butter
- 1/4 cup finely minced lemon zest
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
Lemon Pecan Streusel
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely minced lemon zest
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F if using a glass cake pan). Butter
a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan well and set aside.
- Prepare Lemon Pecan Streusel and set aside.
- Cake: Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda, and set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and lemon zest until the butter is soft.
- Add the sugar and beat to mix well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until
thoroughly incorporated. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- On low speed, add the dry
ingredients in three batches alternately with the sour cream in two batches, beating
only until incorporated after each addition.
- Scrape batter into buttered pan and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle evenly with Lemon Pecan Streusel.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes,
until a cake tester or wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean and dry.
Baking time may vary with different ovens and types of pans.
- Glaze: In a small bowl, stir lemon juice into confectioners' sugar. When
cake has cooled slightly, drizzle glaze over cake.
- Serve cake while still warm, or cool to room temperature.
- Lemon Pecan Streusel: Stir together first 4 ingredients. Cut in cold butter until
like coarse cornmeal. Stir in lemon zest and pecans and set aside.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups Streusel.
Source: Seattle Times
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Coffee Cake Recipes