Tropical Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture, beating
- Spoon half of batter into a greased 9-inch square pan; sprinkle with half
of pecan mixture.
- Repeat procedure with batter and pecan mixture. Gently swirl with
a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until
a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Coffee Cake Recipes