Upside-Down Apple Coffee Cake
A coffee cake in the most literal sense of the term, this java-infused treat
is embellished with a warm apple topping.
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Original NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples, defrosted*
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 9-inch-round cake pan.
- Cake: Combine brown sugar, nuts, flour and butter in small bowl; mix
well. Sprinkle over bottom of prepared cake pan.
- Stir together baking mix, granulated sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Combine Coffee-mate, oil, egg, water, coffee granules and vanilla extract
in small bowl; stir into baking mix mixture. Pour over nut mixture in cake pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Run knife around edge to loosen side; invert onto serving platter. Top with
- Apple Topping: Combine harvest apples, brown sugar, nuts and butter
in medium skillet. Cook over medium heat until warm.
Prep Time: 25 min | Cooking Time: 30 min | Servings: 8
* Defrost harvest apples in microwave on MEDIUM (50%) power for 6 to 7 minutes.
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé and meals.com