German Chocolate Doughnuts
Surprise! There's a yummy secret filling in these chocolate-glazed doughnuts.
- 4 cups Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme™ Coconut Pecan Frosting
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme™ Chocolate Frosting
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated honey butter biscuits
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In 3-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, spoon coconut pecan frosting into decorating bag fitted with 1/2-inch
wide tip. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir chocolate frosting and 1 tablespoon water until smooth.
- Place paper towels under cooling rack. Separate dough into 8 biscuits; gently
place 2 biscuits at a time in hot oil. Cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown.
Using tongs, gently turn over; cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove
to cooling rack; cool 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix pecans and coconut.
- To fill doughnuts, insert decorating tip into side of each biscuit. Squeeze about
2 tablespoons of coconut pecan frosting into center.
- Dip one side of each biscuit in chocolate glaze. Sprinkle with pecan mixture.
- Serve warm or cool.
prep time 30 min | total time 30 min | servings 8
To toast coconut, heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread coconut in ungreased shallow
pan. Bake uncovered 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
If you don’t have a decorating bag and tip, use a 1 gallon plastic freezer bag.
Spoon frosting into bag and cut 1/2 inch off one corner of bag. Fill doughnuts as
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories530Calories from Fat290 Total
Fat32g Saturated Fat10gTrans Fat2 1/2g Cholesterol0mgSodium600mgTotal Carbohydrate55g
Dietary Fiber1g Sugars1g Protein4g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 8%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 6 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Crisco is a trademark of The J.M. Smucker Company. Bake-Off is a registered trademark
of General Mills ©2013.
Recipe and photo credit: Pillsbury