These are delicious with morning coffee.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg or mace
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Then add cooking oil, milk and egg. Mix thoroughly.
- Drop by small teaspoonsful (too large does not cook thoroughly) into deep hot
oil (375 degrees F). Fry for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Roll warm puffs in cinnamon-sugar or confectioners' sugar.
Makes about three dozen.
The batter may be kept in the refrigerator for several days.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Doughnut Recipes