Grands!® Pumpkin Doughnuts
Bake biscuits into doughnuts and add a quick pumpkin glaze for a fall flavor
upgrade. These doughnuts are best warm and fresh. Invite friends and family over
for a doughnut party. Hand out a few paper plates, and let everyone fight over the
first bite of just-made doughnuts!
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat to 350 degrees F to 375 degrees
- In large bowl, beat powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin and just
enough half-and-half with whisk until smooth and thick glaze forms. Set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Using small round lid or cookie cutter,
cut hole in center of each biscuit.
- Gently place 2 or 3 biscuits in hot oil. (Biscuit holes can also be fried!)
Fry on one side until golden brown. With tongs, gently turn each biscuit over;
fry until other side is golden brown.
- Remove doughnuts from oil; immediately dip into pumpkin glaze.
- Place doughnuts on cooling rack; cool for 3 to 5 minutes or until glaze
is set before serving.
Don't have pumpkin in the house? No worries! This recipe tastes just as good
when the pumpkin is omitted.