Grands!® Pumpkin Doughnuts
Bake biscuits into doughnuts and add a quick pumpkin glaze for a fall flavor
upgrade. These doughnuts are best warm and fresh. Invite friends and family over
for a doughnut party. Hand out a few paper plates, and let everyone fight over the
first bite of just-made doughnuts!
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat to 350 degrees F to 375 degrees
- In large bowl, beat powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin and just
enough half-and-half with whisk until smooth and thick glaze forms. Set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Using small round lid or cookie cutter,
cut hole in center of each biscuit.
- Gently place 2 or 3 biscuits in hot oil. (Biscuit holes can also be fried!)
Fry on one side until golden brown. With tongs, gently turn each biscuit over;
fry until other side is golden brown.
- Remove doughnuts from oil; immediately dip into pumpkin glaze.
- Place doughnuts on cooling rack; cool for 3 to 5 minutes or until glaze
is set before serving.
Don't have pumpkin in the house? No worries! This recipe tastes just as good
when the pumpkin is omitted.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Doughnut Recipes